Strata guides and forms
Landgate has created the following resources to support industry and the community with the changes brought about by WA strata reform.
- A guide to strata titles
A comprehensive guide offering a summary of WA strata titles law.
- Guide to consolidating by-laws
A key resource for people needing to understand changes to by-laws.
- Guide to resolving strata disputes
A step-by-step guide to help you navigate through common strata issues.
- Forms reference table
A summary on which strata forms (not including plan forms) may be required for use relating to strata titles.
- Transitional guide for strata titles scheme lodgements
A guide for surveyors and conveyancers to explain what changes are required to the lodgement and registration of plans and associated documents for strata titles schemes.
- Guide to termination of WA strata schemes
A summary of the process for terminating a strata titles scheme.
The above guides are also available on the Strata Titles policy and procedures page.
Strata approved forms
Landgate has created new approved forms to facilitate new requirements specific to the registration of strata title matters. These forms are now available on the Landgate website via the strata forms page and are approved for use starting 1 May 2020.
Strata forms workshops
In July 2020 Landgate held three strata forms workshops which were designed to assist conveyancers and property lawyers build their confidence in preparing the following forms. Workshop materials include examples of completed forms which would be accepted for lodgement.
- Strata forms workshop presentation
- Training Scenario 1 – Application to register a new strata scheme under the Strata Titles Act 1985
- Training Scenario 2 – Application for registration of an amendment of a scheme plan effecting subdivision for a type 4 re-subdivision under the Strata Titles Act 1985