Measures to support accessibility
Landgate is committed to making our website as accessible as possible. We aim to make this website compliant with the WA Government Website Accessibility Policy and enable access for:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies
- people using mobile devices
- those with slower internet connections
- rural and regional users.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) outlines and defines requirements to improve accessibility standards.
There are three levels of conformance:
- Level A
- Level AA
- Level AAA.
Our website design aims to be conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Landgate website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
The Landgate website is also compatible on mobile and tablet devices, that are running the latest versions of iOS and Android.
Accessibility of Landgate relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
This website allows for tab-based navigation:
- when you are on a menu item or hyperlink, press enter to activate
- hold down shift and tab to reverse the tab cycle
Text on this site can be resized by:
- using the zoom and increase font options from your browser’s menu
- press the Ctrl key (Microsoft Windows) or the Apple key (Mac OS) on your keyboard and use the + or – key to zoom in and out
- press Ctrl on your keyboard and scroll with your mouse wheel.
Wherever possible, hyperlinks contain descriptions of information found in the link’s destination. All links open in the same window to improve usability for people with vision impairment, apart from links to documents or external websites, which open in a new window. No responsibility is taken for the accessibility levels of external websites linked to from this website.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility, you may experience some limitations. We encourage you to contact us if you observe any issues across our website. You can do so by submitting our Feedback form..
We have provided some solutions for common accessibility limitations below.
- Animated content: For visual interest, some content on our website moves as the page is scrolled. This feature can be deactivated.
- In Windows 10: Settings > Ease of Access > Display > Show animations in Windows.
- In Mac OS: System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Reduce motion.
- PDF Documents: Non-HTML documents on this website are available in PDF and Word formats.
- You need Adobe Acrobat Reader software on your device to view PDFs. It is available as a free download from the Adobe website.
- The Accessibility Resource Centre at Adobe provides a user guide to assist users of screen readers to read the content of PDF documents.
- If you are unable to read or access a document, please contact us via one of the methods below so we can assist or provide alternative documents.
Providing our information to all users, including those with a disability, is important to us. If anything on this site is inaccessible to you, or you are experiencing problems accessing content for any reason, please use the Feedback form to submit details of the issue.
Alternatively, you may contact us via one of the methods below.
Phone: (08) 9273 7373
In person at one of our offices:
1 Midland Square
MIDLAND WA 6056
Business hours – Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm AWST.
200 St Georges Tce
PERTH WA 6000
Business Hours – Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm AWST.
PO BOX 2222
Midland, WA 6936
Fax number: 08 9250 3187